Though I say roll out in the instructions, if the dough has come out nice and soft, I tend to just stretch the dough out between my hands. This give the naan a nice uneven thickness and a much less bready texture.
|1 Sachet||Dried Yeast (or the amount recommended on the pack)
|2 Cups|| Plain Flour
|Poppy Seeds/Sultanas|| To taste
- Mix dried ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center and add a bit of water.
- Repeat (2), but add ghee at the same time.
- Repeat till you have a dough, it shouldn't be dry, but moist/soft to the touch.
- Leave dough to rise for about an hour, or until has doubled in size.
- Add sultanas if needed, halve, and roll out on a floured surface, roll out as thin as you dare.
- Preheat a grill on max. Put foil over the grill pan and brush ghee on the foil.
- Put naan on the grill pan and brush with ghee and add poppy seeds to taste.
- Grill only until starts to go brown, then turn over and repeat, brushing ghee and poppy seeds. Only takes a very few minutes to cook.