Around Christmas the hits, and thank you emails, to this page always suprise me!
Makes approx. 16
|225g||(8 oz)||Plain Flour
|30ml||(2 tbsp)||Cold water to mix
|25g||(1 oz)||Caster Sugar
- Mix flour, salt and sugar in basin, rub in fat.
- Using a knife to cut and stir, mix with cold water to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Heat oven to 230C (450F GM 8).
- Roll out pastry very thinly, cut out 16 small rounds and 16 larger rounds, rolling the trimmings as required.
- Line patty tins with the larger rounds, place a teaspoon full of filling in each. Don't be tempted to put too much in, it expands!
- Damp the edges of the pastry with milk and cover with the smaller rounds, sealing well.
- Prick tops with a fork and cook for approx. 15mins.