Makes over 10
|110g||(4 oz)||Plain Flour
|200ml||(7 floz)||Milk mixed with
|Butter/Lard for frying
- Sift flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and break an egg into it. Add a bit of milk/water and whisk in. Repeat with other egg.
- Add small quantities of milk/water, incorperating all the flour from the edges.
- Ignore any lumps and keep steadily adding milk/water until you have a smooth batter, the consistency of thin cream.
- Fry in butter, so don't have the temp too hot, or use too large a pan for your heat source.